Print Thread
Rate Thread
#50357 06/03/09 11:48 PM
R
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
I have a non-world class S-10 T5 in my 50 Chev Wagon. I can buy a world class T5 from early 90's Camaro. Can I use the world class components with the S-10's rear shifter parts and get the benefit of the stronger transmission. If so what parts from each trans do I use?

G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G
If there's nothing wrong with the trans that's in there, then switching to a WC isn't necessary...

If you still feel the need, the tailhousing will work on the WC, but the tailshaft itself will not, which means you will have issues with the speedo drive. You will either need to shim the gear as shown in the tech tips on our left sidebar, or you will need to get a tailshaft from a '93-95ish S10 T5 as they went to the WC starting in 1993.
You will also want to use whatever type of oil funnel that the NWC had in it (there were 2 different types over the years)...

Last edited by gearhead; 06/04/09 12:17 AM.

I.I. #3174
Contributor
Contributor
I think there's something in the tech tips about this very thing.

"The first rule of overkill: You can never have too much overkill."
"Overkill is underrated."
Contributor
Contributor
I`am with gearhead on this one---I f you are running a six banger now there is really no need. The WC has a different spline and you would need to change the clutch disc---and the speedo problem and tailshaft issues, gets a little spendy. The only real advantage of a WC over NWC is strength and gear ratios. If your running a six leave it, if ya got a V-8 go for it........Lee

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available