Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58932 07/06/10 03:19 AM
H
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
Has anybody ever run into any trouble using an offenhauser intake for ther chevy inline, are they known for warping? I fear mine may be warped as I have tried for months to get my four barrel intake to -well work. It always has an intake leak. I bought new gaskets line it up with as much precision as I could and no luck. I Had a number of homemade adapters that I feared were causing the vacuum leak but after buying the "real" adapters fo what I want to do It seem to still be doing the same thing; The car starts after you hit the gas twice runs for a few seconds and unless you hit the gas it stalls in a nice lean/rich kinda way. I always seem to ask question and but never have any answers. But I can even get a basic Intake manifold to Work!

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Have you looked at the mounting surface on the intake to make sure there aren't any obvious problems with it?

B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
What baseplate gaskets are you using on either side of the adapter? I had some very thin black gaskets that gave me a terrible time with vacuum leaks until I bought some Mr. Gasket .062" thick Nitril base gaskets and that solved my problem.

C
Contributor
Contributor
C

Are you sure it's not leaking at head?
I had a problem where the header flange and intake flange were both a bit too big and when the bolts were all tightened up on the mounting clamps intake was still barely touching gasket on center runner.
Of course only on the bottom side where it was hard to see.

Pete

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
H
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
I used a felpro gasket-I think I will try the Mr.Gasket Version.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available