Rate Thread
#4853 09/16/04 11:56 PM
L
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
Hey Guys,

I have a '67 Camaro with the original 250 and the original Rochester BV. Both the engine and carb have been rebuilt and are in good working order.

After the engine is turned off (on hot days) and is allowed to heat soak, I have a hard time idling until I get enough fuel flowing to cool either the fuel lines or the carb. Has anybody had simular problems and if so, is the problem in the fuel lines, the carb, or both? Thanks,

Dan

#4854 09/17/04 04:26 PM
P
Contributor
Contributor
P
A weak fuel pump can cause this problem.Sometimes, if the fuel pump is a daul line pump and the return line is blocked-off at the fuel pump ( in other words being used as a single line pump)this problem will be experienced.You might also try lowering the float level sightly. Paul

BAN LOW PERFORFMANCE DRIVERS.....
NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS!!
#4855 09/17/04 05:23 PM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Hi L6

I have the exact same car you do. A 1967 Camaro 6 cylinder 250 with a powerglide.

I have had a lot of problems with my BV carb. It does sound like you do have a heat soak issue but who knows. Try getting either a thicker gasket to go between the carb and the intake or add another. I have done that on other vehicles and it has worked well.

I have owned 3 cars with these engines and carbs and they never seem to run right. Mine runs ok now but I am going to go to a offy intake and edelbrock 500 cfm carb. I have a turbo I am going to throw on there too. Hopefully it works. If not I have a nice 327 vette engine that will fit in their nicely.

Good Luck!

#4856 09/17/04 10:56 PM
L
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
Thanks guys for the responses.

I too have a high compression '67 327 setting in my Camaro parts car. I have already transferred the factory gauge package into my car. The only thing left is to re-calibrate the tach for the six. I bet there aren't very many six cyl Camaros with gauge packages running around.

Dan

#4857 09/17/04 11:51 PM
P
Contributor
Contributor
P
If I am not mistaken some of those carbs.were equipt with a nylfil Float(styra-foam like material)and they start to act like a sponge after a few years. Pull the carb. top---if it has one,replace it and reset the flow level. This will make a noticable diffence in restart when ever thing is hot. Paul

BAN LOW PERFORFMANCE DRIVERS.....
NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS!!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement