Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
M
I'm building a 36 Chevy standard and installing a 250 Chevy from a 68 camaro. The car will be driven during good weather and possibly a show or two. A show & go car. The engine will have an offenhauser 2/1 barrel carburetors with the original exhaust manifold because of heat transfer to the intake. My question is what type of carburators will suit my needs the best (rockchester, carter/weber)? I realise I will need to choke 1 carburetor but which one? The intake come with a linkage kit but the instructions are very vague. does someone have a picture or drawing that will help in installing this linkage. Also is there other conserns I should know about with this set-up. Thanks in advance, Mark

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
Do you have the intake already?
How far apart are the flange bolts?
Is "original" appearance important?

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
If the linkage is like the one Langdon's sells for the Carter/Weber 2bbl carbs there is a good photo on Langdon's site under the linkage section.

I have found the Rochester B/BC/BV middle-size carb (1-9/16 throttle) to be quite reliable and smooth. The Carter YF might be a better carb if you have the hood clearance but I have not compared one against the other.

The progressive 2bbl (Holley or Weber or Carter) is a great little carb, each one flows about 200cfm total at 1.5" Hg, so they are good for about 100-120hp each. Two of them would be more than a stock 250cid needs, but since the secondary is progressive it would be more like running a single 400cfm 4bbl carb (but with better fuel distribution). My stock 250cid runs great with a 390cfm to 500cfm 4bbl so I think the dual Carter/Weber setup would work well too even on a stock 250cid.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Beater of the Pack), 426 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available