Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jckc Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Thought I'd stop lurking and show off my manifold collection.
I have about 8 250-292 project motors and a few mercruiser 4 cylinders I have been collecting that are in various stages.

Here's an interesting Clifford manifold modified for 2 holley 2 barrels:

Not sure how well it will work on the street.

Here's a link to my partial collection. The large cast iron mercruiser manifold can take a quadrojet. The water jacket is cracked so I plan on trimming it down to just the intake. The other 2 6 cyl mercruiser manifolds are aluminum with removable 2bl rochester and dual 1 barrel rochester carbs. Not sure what route I am going with these for my projects. Maybe some type of turbo or small supercharger setup?
Manifold photobucket album

I like this waterheated cast iron Chris Craft 181 4 cyl. manifold. I plan on using a spacer on it to use it on a 181 c.i. 4 cyl. motor:

Has anyone out there used any of these setups for the street/performance?

Last edited by jckc; 09/18/11 11:23 PM.

JC in KC
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Those are interesting. I know someone who is carving the the water jackets from a duel carb Mercruiser 4 cylinder manifold. Is the Chris Craft 181 related to the GM 181? That manifold might fit a Weber down draft or adapt to a GM TBI.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
jckc Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I am almost positive that the Chris Craft 181 is based upon the GM Mercruiser 140hp 181, but I have not seen one in person. I am curious about the exhaust configuration. The ports of the manifold almost match the mercruiser high output head. The mounting bolts do not, however, which is another good reason to use a spacer/adaptor to make this manifold work. I know of another one available if anyone is interested.

JC in KC
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It is a GM. From other photos it appears that your intake bolts to the side of the exhaust manifold to give a lower over height.

LINK
LINK 2
LINK 3

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available