Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
O
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
O
I am seriously considering installing a IFS kit from Chassis Engineering (CE). This is a bolt on kit that installs using the existing holes that held the stock cross member in place. One matter of concern is that these IFS kits assume a V8 will be replacing the original inline 6. I will be installing a 261 inline 6. Ce advised that the top of their cross member is 3 3/8 inches below the bottom of the top hate Chevy frame. I took some rough measurements and it appears I will have about 1/2" clearance (thank goodness the 261 has a shallower oil pan than the 216. Has anyone had experience with installing independent front suspension in a 39 Chevy. Also, I am thinking of replacing the 16"rims with 15's. Any suggestions relative to wheel rim dimensions (backspacing, etc.) The IFS spindles are not dropped but the new suspension will lower the car by about 3".

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That IFS is based off of the mustangII setup if I know correct. Have you thought about using a Jaguar IFS cradle? There is plenty to Google up.
On the 16" rims, why go away from 16? If they are too narrow and you still want the old look. I just sent our 41 Hudson 16 rims down to Marsh Racing Wheels to have the centers removed and installed into new wider hoops. Turned out beautiful and still uses the factory hubcaps. The old ones were only 4.5 wide and now are 7's and 8's.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available