No kidding this isn't my first casting rodeo, The casting lines can and should be even less of a line. I made these myself a few yrs. ago which had very little casting/Parting line. I learn my stuff firsthand / hands on 90% of the time very little secondhand learning. So honestly, I don't feel your qualified to tell me how it should be done. These are only test pieces
to start with to check for issues in the casting itself (porosity issue etc.) And as I said before changes were being made because I didn't get the injector pads onto the intake patterns before they hit the foundry.
But none the less thanks for the input.
[Linked Image]

This is the type of work I know the foundry can do little no line to clean up, but some parting line will always be there unless you're doing a lost wax or Foam casting. Because the molding process is totally different. Hence the reason you didn't see any parting line ON MY Lumps Like what was on Clyde's lumps.

[Linked Image]

Yes the top stat housing is different than the lower stat housing. Two different molds. top was my work/casting bottom was from the founrdy.

Last edited by Twisted6; 10/25/22 10:34 PM.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.