Lets go back to the beginning of this:

"I have an alloy SCHAFER flywheel with 168 teeth (?) not the smaller diameter, My stomp starter pinion is too large to work being intended for the small flywheel, is it possible to get a stomp starter pinion for the big flywheel? It needs to fit my starter shaft D of .465". Since Chev and GMC used the stomp starters from early through 1959 the shafts should be the same throughout~~?"

ALL of the Chevy and GMC sixes before '63 used big 14" flywheels. Some interchanged, the 4 bolt ones. When GM went to 12v in '56 the number of teeth on the flywheel ring gear and the starter pinion gear changed. There are some 4 bolt flywheels with the 12v ring gear. The ring gears can be changed. 6v Starters can work on 12v with the older 6v ring gears. NONE of the GMC 228 to 302 engines used the small flywheel with the 153 tooth ring gear. These did not come along until '63 and later. They have the same bolt pattern as most Chevy v8s and the later 6 & 4 cylinders (153 to 292). The engines 4,6,8 that use the 153 tooth flywheel have starters that mount with 2 bolts on the lower right side of the block. Some 168 tooth starters mount there too but use different hole patterns from the 153. ALL of the 235 - 261 and earlier as well as ALL of the GMCs have the starter mount on the bell housing and there is no option for smaller flywheels. Even the early GM trucks with v8s did not use the small flywheel until at least '63. If your starter mounts on the bell housing it uses a 14" 168 tooth flywheel. If there is a starter mesh issue it is a 6v -12v ring gear/starter issue. There may be exceptions but I've not run into them.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain