I just bought a '72 K-20 Pickup that had a 454 in it...........Sadly, for all the bragging everyone does about them, it was a real let down IMO. So, I pulled it planning on installing a Cummins 5.9 I was trying to get cheap............Well, guy who has the Cummins thinks its worth a million dollars, so I am going to put one of the inliners I have laying around in it. We ran 250's and 292's on the farm and I really liked them. They would run forever, never quit, and you hardly ever had to put a wrench to them other than for servicing. Anyhow, I got one that we rebuilt and have on the stand. We always ran stock intakes, carbs and exhaust, but I want to do something a bit different on this one. I'd like to run a 4 brl on it. However, I am not 100% sure what intake to use, I've read Offy work well on the low end, and Clifford is for the mid and high end. Now I see Clifford has a twin 4 they are building. I want something that will work well on the low end as well lug the guts out of everything we own, probably the main reason I like the engines I do. I plan on getting headers from Clifford............

While I am at it, I'm going to throw a cam in it to replace the stocker.........Anyone have a favorite that preforms with any of the items listed above. I'll do the porting and polishing on the head at work in the evening.

Not looking to build a 1/4 engine, I want a low end grunt monster. I probably should go 292, but I don't have any at the moment, and this 6 will get replaced by a Diesel sooner or later anyhow.........Its just and inbetweener ;\)

Love Old '67-'72 GM Pickups! Dare to be different.....Running GM Inliners, GMC's MONSTER V-6's, and real inline power, Cummins, in Central PA.