As you will also NOTE i had a 194 Head on this motor. But with a Bump of the key It would fire right up. YOU JUST COULDN"T shut it off. And Like i said before If you'd Or anyone would like to see the top of the pistons I'll email you the pics. THIS Motor NEVER once Pinged. and I was running 87. Yes I know it shouldn't have run. MY BB That had 12-1 wouldn't even start at 45mph and pushing for a HR The Best it would ever Do was Back fire I even Blew up a NEW set of Mufflers,when it back fired out the tail pipes.ANd This motor ran on sunoco 240 Pre. When they used to sell it. I'd mix it with NoLead One day I got much NoLead and It wouldn't even start.
When I finaly relized what was Up I mix 5gals of 240sunoco Prem. and 104plus octange booster Dumped it in the tank and a little down the carb and It fired right up at a bump of the Key.
So i figured back then (17yrago) If the octange was to low this L6 would have never fired Up WEll to my surprize it did. It Just wouldn't shut off with out loading the clutch.
So this to Proves one thing is That Our L6s don't run Or ACT anything Like a Vthing More ways then one.
SO yeah the motor should have be pinging It's Butt off Or the Valve should have been rattling Like Crazy BUT Nope not a word From Either.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.