Hey guys,

This is my first post I just joined. I have been looking for info on Chevy 250's and found this place which looks awesome for tech. I am planning on building a 250 I-6 for a project that is probably not the norm around here.

I am going to start building a tube chassis rock crawler next summer hopefully. I am a guy who likes to be different so I want to use a I-6 so I can have some fun with the V8 guys and turn a few heads. I know I can get an I-6 to preform as well as most of the V8 guys. The rockcrawler will weigh 3000-3500lbs, 40"+ tires, big axles, low low gears. I need to build a motor with great lowend torque but I also need it to have a little topend. How high can you rev an I-6 safely?

I am not totally familiar with all the hotrod parts for 6's but this is a little list I have started. Tell me how this sounds and what you might change/do. I want this to run on low octane pump gas so would 8.5-9.0:1 be a good ratio?

I would start with a good rebuilt motor & add:

Offy 4brl intake adapted for TBI
TBI injection (any good info?)
Roller Rockers (necessary?)
Header (what do you recommend?)
Comp 260H cam

What else would you recommend? I am not a huge motor junkie & know less about I-6's then I do V-8's so all help is greatly appreciated.

Harley