I am pretty sure I am going to use the 250 I-6 in my build. I have liked this motor for awhile. A good buddy has one in his 66' Chevy C10 and it does great and takes a beating with no problems. I may use a 292 if I found the motor cheap & somewhat built, or the Ford 300 depending on where I steal my transmission from & price.

I am not up on all the motor stuff but I am mechanically inclined. I just don't keep up with the hotrod parts & racing scene. I have done motor swaps, MSD ignition, & I did install Tuned Port Injection in my 85 GMC offroad truck inplace of the old carb, so I do have experience with MPFI but I want to KISS (keep it simple) this rig with with TBI.

MSD & HEI will be going on this rig. I forgot to mention that. I had good luck with it in the past & it helped my carb alot.

The 272 looks like a good grind. It sounds like it will offer good lowend and some decent midrange also.

The Chevy I6 will definilty be different that is why I want to use it. People use Jeep I6's in the rocks already but I havn't seen any Chevy's and definilty not in a full custom rockbuggy. I am a Chevy guy and fourwheel with Chevy guys so I want to stick to my knowledge and roots too.

Harley