a 468/505- 530/530 lift is a good range to look at for street use.These cam work good between idle & 5500 rpm and have a 112 lobe separation
which can give a smooth to a slight Lope at idle depending what you go for. The Offey is the Better daily driver Intake. Which Gives good lowend to Mid. range Power and torque. Topped with a small 4b and Dual exhaust.
As to the head you need to get it to Breath.Cleaning up the Ports Is a good place to start,and at the very least a good 3 angle valve job. Doing a lump port to the head Even with a stock size valve can Add a great deal of added CFM
Over stock (with the stock valve) Personaly a up grade to a larger valve 1.8 Is good for a daily driver If your still looking to keep some MPGs. But if your not worried about the MPGs then step it up to a 1.94 with a 1.6 on the exhaust. Even with a 1.8 intake It is better to step the exhaust up at the same time.And going to a bigger valve is not going to hurt your low end.One of the first up grades I made many years back to my 250 was a Nice Rv style cam Offey intake and Headers along with a Head with 1.8 intake and a 1.6 on the exhaust.I ran it for a few years with just the intake & headers. and that In it self was a surprize Over the stock set-up. Then a Much bigger difference when I installed the Cam and Head. After that all heck broke Loose. I was a Inliner for sure.Then I went and Built a Fresh Motor. But more on the wild side. No more RV cam
I went right to a solid lift 583/607 Jumped the compreeson to over 12-1. Now to me This was a Nice HOT Street hehe.
Mind you the Motor was Not very Happy with the
stock 3:08 rear end.

BUT anyway If you pick the right cam and a compression between 9/10-1 But with todays gas prices You may want to stick closer to the 9 9.5-1 compression a offey intake and dual exhaust small carb. You won't have much problem getting your 250HP. That is a Fair goal for a daily driver.BUT bottom Line is YOU have to get that
head to Breath.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.