hello...Long time....Thought i would comment on this Trans...Glad Magic Mike has been able to help others....I was introduced to this trans years ago and then introduced this trans to him and many others years ago on the Clifford Forum and then mentioned it here many times also...I have been using this trans since 1998 ( I have 4 of them and 2 of the special bolt bell housings also)in my 1971 292 C20- at that time many had not heard of it and were quite surprised to find out GM adapted this trans from Mopar -see this trans is the base New Process 833 that Mopar used as their 4 speed in all their 4 speed applications in the 60's and 70's-there were bascically 3 versions..1st was the "light" duty as i will call it-I do not know the Mopar "code" for this 1, then there was anther version( again I do not know this Mopar "code" either)It was as Many racers know is the STRONGEST Perfromance 4 speed ever made-ask around-this 833 was used on the Hemi muscle cars...next was the 833 version that this GM version derived ....Mopar started using these trans in vans and light cars and made the trans a 3 speed with overdrive- the ratios were spaced further apart and 4th became a .73 overdrive....As far as how this trans body was cast/made, it does incorporate 2 bolt patterns-1 the standard Chevy 3/4 speed and also 1 bell that has the Mopar bolt pattern on the drivers side and GM pattern on the passenger side-this bolt pattern can be a challenge(the side cover is so close to the hole you will have to use your own mechanical skills to install a bolt--you just would not believe this until you see it--some of these trans on ebay with this bolt pattern have this bolt still attached......And yes this trans is a DIRECT BOLT-IN trans for your GM engines-Inline 6, V-6 and V-8....I recommend buying a bearing kit and replacing the 2 main bearings and needle bearings-this kit is approximately $110.00 ( with shipping)....There is a shifter made especially for these trans or you can buy 1 from Hurst-again it would be for the 833 trans....hope this helps.....with this trans and work i have done with my 292 powered 5000 lb C20 , I can get 22 MPG at 70 MPH....10-16 around town...this trans is a great alternative to the more expensive and involved T-5 conversion....you may consider using the money saved to install the PES Bolt-In Lumps-the Chevy Inline 6 head is so poorly designed you can never get good mileage until you at least install the PES Bolt-Ins--- even if you only use stock valves......hope this info can help you....