Yes, it's certainly 14 splines.

Will all this info, this upgrade should be EASY (Yeah, I know: famous last words).

I think the old 3-speed knows I have it in my crosshairs: it jumped out of 3rd gear twice this morning on the way to work.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'd swap it this weekend, but I promised my wife I'd rebuild the suspension in her 67 Mustang, I have a few things to help my son with on his 65 Econoline before we take it to Shades of the Past in Tennessee this Sept, and my daughter just smoked the clutch in my Jeep (they say that if you haven't broken something on a Jeep, you're doing something wrong).

So it looks like all I need is a new clutch disk and slip yoke, maybe some driveshaft work, & I can darn well re-use almost everything else. The T5 I'm using already has a shifter on it, but needs a knob -- I hear Lokar makes a retro-looking knob for the T5.

Will let y'all know how it went once this comes up in the queue (maybe very soon, if I can sneak this one past the wife and kids... "Oh honey, something BROKE under there, barely made it home, gotta crawl under there and see, etc. etc.!)

Rick