Quote:
Originally posted by bigchevy66:
Also, what type of intake gasket did you use. I've got a metal one from P.A.W, but I wasn't certain if it would be the best. Thanks. John
I used the FelPro 9786 one piece intake/exhaust gasket. I also used the stock cast iron "clamps" to hold the headers and intake in place (see pics). The header bolts were just to short in the middle and allowed too much movement. I did use the header bolts, however, on the ends. So far it works great. I did a paper test to check for leaks. I kept working on tightening, loosening and retighting everything down until I couldn't slide a single sheet of paper between the intake/exhaust gasket and the manifold. If the sheet of paper can pass between the gasket and manifold (intake or exhaust) then you will have leaks! I used black hi-temp silicone around the intake manifold and nothing around the headers. Whenever I remove the headers or intake in the future I'll probably use hi-temp copper RTV between the gasket and exhaust headers just for extra assurance.

-magic mike-