yup...good oil is useless for the PCV jar...with cheap oil though u can add about a litre of tranny fluid which will help lubricate everything better...i have had awesome increase in mileage when i had the cheap oil and tranny fluid...better than it is now with just cheap oil...but again the setup is different now....supposedly synthetic oil works too...so u might wanna try that out...as long as u dont have any leaks cause synthetic oil is thinner. although even if u dont use the pcv jar with cheap oil for mileage...u can at least keep the engine cleaner with it...have u opened it up and looked inside...when i checked mine i had some oil and small chynky flemmy type things in it...gross....both the hydrogen and pcv jar have 2 purposes...but if the hydrogen doesnt give nmileage increase then it doesnt work and the second purpose is not available..both have mileage and emmissions purposes, although i have not done an emmissions test yet, the bad stuff is supposed to be reduced quite a bit, something like 50% less bad stuff..maybe someone can go through an emissions test with the hydrogen (working unit though) and pcv if they have it...but the hydrogen is supposed to give the biggest benifits for that.

got my 78 merc with a 250 I6 and i love it.