Ok, I've been following this and although I haven't tried the PVC system I've been looking at the hydrogen boost system pretty closely. I've been fooling around with different stuff in my garage for two nights now and I've got some questions (for whoever can answer?)

1. What kinda of amps are you running to your hydrogen generating unit? This seems like the best way to figure out around what volume hydrogen you're producing. I got up to 7 Amps worth before I accidentally shorted my Multimeter and blew the fuse. I read somewhere that 25 amps can be expected. This would line up with what I've seen. At 7 amps I was producing some, but probably not enough hydrogen.

2. What kind of electrolyte is best? I've tried baking soda, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and a few other things (acidic and basic things) that might make suitable electrolyte. I also tried some battery acid, but I want to stay away from nasty stuff like that. Salt and Baking soda seemed to work best.

3. Electrodes: Some obviously work better than others, I found this by trying. And some get eaten away quicker. Which ones have been tried and are good?
I thought I read something about battery electrodes not being eaten away. I also read on the internet that carbon based electrodes were immune to the reaction cause they were electrically neutral (think pencil lead). Does anyone know a good source of carbon electrodes. I thought of the brushes on electric motors tonight but never got a chance to try these yet (getting late). I'm basically trying to eliminate the one thing that requires maintenance. If I could make carbon electrodes work the maintenance would then just consist of adding water periodically.

4. Heat. I had one experiment go weird. I had layers of washers seperated by insulator (trying to get electrodes closer for stronger reaction). It seemed to work really good. But when I pulled the setup from the water/baking soda/salt bath there was melting and burn marks. It would seem that I was making a lot of heat so some of the bubbles I saw were steam I bet.
I noticed thetrueslayer mentioning about all the condensation and water in the lines going to his intake. Is it possible that it is perhaps not so much the hydrogen gas as the added water vapor that is some how increasing the efficency of the engine? Or a combination of both? I've never understood exactly how the hydroboost functed to increase mileage but the water might be significant.