Ed, unfortunately these rods are no longer available-my shortblock builder use to race 292's and had a limited supply left that I bought-at 1 time he bought approx 50 sets of these-the name is Brooks Rods(Calif)-i also have a set of 7.0" rods which i have considered selling but not at this time...
....thanks for sharing your info Hud....I wanted to share the info I had gathered about the 6000-7000 rpm range ...the 1st person who shared this info that the harmonics were worse between 6000-7000 rpm was Mike Kirby... about 3-4 years ago after the Power Manual cam out, i talked to him about building a cheap budget drag engine- he just warned me that either build it for under 6000 and or over 7000 rpm-seems what you stated about balancer problems might also lean in this direction too....again it seems there are many ways to build these engines-....I have been confering with many people from the Index in the Power Manual -seems 2 most common elements come up for all out Performance 292's- be careful with what Rpms you turn for longevity and be careful what crank you use .....I have been very surprised to find out that back in the days Of the 292 drag class, many drag racers tried many cranks-even high $$$$steel billet cranks, but the stock none steel cranks worked the best...and from these "old timers" said also holds with what the the Power Manual states- Long Large forging aluminum rods hold up very well and help keep cylinder wall piston pressure down and with this longer rod ratio you can rev higher....its great we can share all this...For those interested, Rob Harrison -the under 8 sec All Aluminum 292 in Canada- uses the Mexican Nodular crank -he has had crank and balancer problems but of recent has stated he thinks he has found a solution......My 292 short block builder, who ran consistent 10.30's in the "day"(i have seen his times in print), tried all the 292 cranks-he is another 1 who tried the steel billet crank/ but it failed also-he found out the cast heavy crank held up the longest in 8000 rpm+ 292's...I dont know all the answers, i just figured those interested might like to know what i have found out-its pretty amazing stuff....Also, of what i believe is of major note, is how knowledgeable Glenn Self is on these Inline 6's...seems he is only brielfy mentioned in the Power Manual....Hope to read more responses here concerning this....

Lee