John
First off I want to say Thank you for the complimentary words about the site.
Yes you can wing tip the Boss. That was something that was done many yrs ago and some still ?? do it today.?? When not wanting to do the lump port just yet. If you have a ruff enough surface you can use the epoxy to face off the boss to a wing tip.Or if you can tack small lumps to the face of the boss to help Hold the epoxy. You can drill it But It HAS to be VERY shallow as to NOT go all the way threw the Boss.And used a bottoming tap then install small screws The epoxy could then hold onto that to shape the wing.And Shape it so that it comes clear to the Face of the head. I have here somewhere a photo Templet of the right size Of a wing the was used in place of the boss Yrs ago. I also have a set Made from Alum But never installed them. Because I never had time to take the head back off Nore did i have a spare at the time I had made them. Then I started to learn abot the lump port which turned out to be much better. Then I bought a set about 3yrs ago and still not wanting to take the head off Mainly because i never got the time to. So then i started to learn how to port the heads and flow them. All this with out having a teacher persay but buy asking Question and cutting up many heads USED cracked heads. Started to see some of the issues many have told me about which is Core shift in the casting and I got to see first hand. In some cases just going to a over sized valve you can hit water. If the seat are cut in to deep. I had someone not to long ago Email me say His machine shop Hit water on all the exhaust valves They were installing hardened seat.And They told him all L6s have that Problem. Wrong I told him to asked if they did a Plunge cut when they did this. If so that was There fault Not the head/s .A few of the heads I have gotten over the years I have seen How close some have come to Hitting water because of that type of cutting by going to deep. You can't do a plunge cut inside the seat area It has to be a tapper type cut So that You don't through the water jacket. And it also makes it much easier to blend the bowl to the seat itself. If the bowl area Is blended right You really should be able to tell where the seat ends and the bowl begains.

Now to answer another question you had about not doing a counter sink. If you look back at photo #1 you can see where some of the boss was still in the head at the floor as well as the top of the head. Before I started playing around with the heads myself(before i had the machine to it myself) I had a machine shop remove the boss for me. and that is what was left over of the boss and that is how i bolted the head down. This can Be left there IF One wanted to take the added/extra time to trim out the bottom of the lumps. So that it would sit Flush to the intake floor.Not everyone does the counter sink like i did, some Used a tapper seated bolt. The Bolt head then sits Inside the Lump. One of the things I did during some of my testings. Was I used Clay to fill the center bolt whole to see what difference it maded. Which Was Nothing Once a whole is filled with Air it's full and everything else Passes right over as if it was Prefilled with what ever.I even asked clyde one time if the Epoxy was needed He told me NO. BUT in a manner of speaking it does at the back Inside the intake Port it Does so that the Lump Is Blended clear to the back of the Port.This is really the Best way to get The maxaim air flow In a all Out race motor not necessarily for a daily driver. One could save a few bucks there?

And to answer the other Question abouta inverted bend Help yes maybe it could. Like I said in a earlier post Some used to add a plate/lump just to the intake manifold itself and to have said it worked. That i honestly don't know I never tried it. Another thing when I got my first set of Lumps I made plates to go into the intake and did a blend on them. So the intake face and the Head face matched. and I would have used PES intake gasket. Because when you Use PES intake You need their Gasket Because The intake matchs their gasket & Lumps as long as You don't tapper/shape them to the port floor on the intake side. But I also figured If i'm going to shape a plate to put in the intake Why not just shape the Lump itself and be done with it. (saves time and money)
hope this helps }[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.