Quote:
Have you thought about making the runners adjustable in length by attaching the manifold tubes to the injector bosses using sections of rubber hose?
I'm pretty new at playing around with engines, my only actual experience is just reading about all this stuff.. The idea of using rubber hose as an intke runner is pretty neat, but if the engine sucks in alot of air wouldn'e the hose "cave in" on itself (like when you drink a very thick milksake through a straw).

I actually have also been researching EFI and distributorless ignitions for my 250..

I was going to overbore it, do headers and EFI (as soon as I get the money); but today I came across a 292 and am thinking about buying it and doing all this stuff to the 292 instead of my 250. I have to make sure the 292 will fit in my '78 NOVA. Any comments?

As for my EFI ideas, I was thinking of making individual runners using the flages cut off from an old 1barrel intake and attaching a proper length of exhaust tailpipe. I figure the three runners could be tuned at different lentghs so that the pressure wave caused by one intake valve closing will return in time while the siamesed valve is opening. I figure that the middle runner would be a different length from the two outer ones beacuse of the engines firing order..

I'm thinking of using three throttle bodies from 3.1L cavaliers, berretas, etc. these would go attatched to the ends of the "tailpipe runners". I will make a balance tube attatched to the three runners so I can put the MAP sensor.

For the distributorless ignition I'll use a GM 3800 V6 COIL PACK, I have to make sure I'll be able to fire them with the megasquirt 2 if not I'll have to wait for the ultramegasquirt (supposedly should be out by late 2005)

I want to use clifford shorty headers with flowtech "race readies" I'm thinking of adapting some big block heat rise valves so that I can uncap the race readies remotely.

What are your opinions?

6canecos, what would a nice ported head cost me over at brasil? would shipping to Puerto Rico be prohibitive?