Be afraid of water if you cut through, but a lot of metal at the squish area is reinforced.

I love the idea and I hope that this guy gets a Dyno test donated soon. Don't know how he did it in India with a Dremel, but if there were as many chassis dyno setups have here, I'm sure it would have been done a long time ago. I think it is more of a case where he "can't" do the test UNTIL someone else pays for it, not UNLESS.

Increased compression is really good for efficiency and the faster burn seems to be clean and in addition to the lower operating temp head cracks might be less of a possibility. There is a photo purportedly of a year old groove and there is not only no noticeable carbon buildup, the burn pattern is remarkably complete.

Everything seems to have a blue hue and the claim is that plugs and oil seem to be cleaner than anything the guy has seen. That sounds like a hot burn and NOx is going to be an issue. This is pretty much all one guy, "Automotivebreath" an engine builder in the Tx/La area.

If any mechanic with 30 years experience and race track pictures starts singing praises, it is worth a second look.