Hi Frank . . .

Efi-Diy's got an I idea that's worth a try. And I don't think that I would trash the entire system at this point. Like Darin has pointed out - make sure that everything on the setup is 'sorted out' before making drastic changes - check timing, carb settings etc. The first time I built an engine with a warmer cam and higher compression I set it up lean and late. It wasn't until an old-hand taught me how to set timing with a vacuum gauge and a light that we got it right.

Also, don't forget that with the cam change you've given up some low end torque by design. With the valve events and the overlap the manifold vacuum is likely way below stock. Exhaust pipe diameter can recoup only part of this - cause like the article points out - the pipes can't make HP they can only prevent you from wasting it in moving a larger air mass.

That said, once you 'trade' low end torque and throttle response to get that larger air mass moving it will gain inertia and pay you back at higher RPMs. How's it run on the autobahn above 100 kph?

viel gruess,
Keith

[Linked Image from 49fastback.com]