And what issue is this in?(12port news) nothing in the past yr. that i have seen. Now as for that
article On the 230 @ 460 HP I have it.And that
Is when I very first talked with Mike Kirby
Many years ago. He said that little 230 was at The MAX It also ran with 3 660 holleys.
It buzzed about 8500 it had a crane cam (what crane called a Low-Jerk NO -Pop series It was a .800 lift and 284 degrees duration Part number was a R284-456-2S-8 this was at the time a PRO Stock grind.
I came across this article Back 83(it was from 1979)
Well like i said I came across it in 83 This is when I first Got the New found Hots for the Inline.
Then I started to make phone calls all over the place MIke being one of the Very first.He let me pick his brain for at least a good year Before I started to even Build my first L6 in 84.Late 83 I started out with just a Offey & headers then stepped up to a Rv style cam. What a big difference even the first two things had made.
But anyway Longer story made short Yes that had will made 2hp Per cubic inch. The underside/combustion chamber Is Not Inline like the stock head is This looks more Kinda twisted /wave They are tilted. I have even seen these heads first hand and Close up.I tried so Hard to get the first guys Head that I ever seen But NOPE he wasn't about to give it up at No Price
even though he wasn't racing any more Bummer me \:\(
to this day I'd love to have one BUT thats just not in my pocket to buy Or Mikes.
But my bottom LINE is I have Him (Mike Kirby & a Very good friend/Member here in Fla to Thank for getting me into The Inline More then 20 years ago)

Ps I had called crane back then and that cam would have cost me about 400 bucks back then.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.