How did it run. It ran fine 3:08 gears & the 4speed it ran 15.15s all day long. But the head gasket would Blow out after the 3rd pass. I have picture of the top of the Block when I toasted the gasket.So you can see the pistons are Just fine. More then what i could say about the Head because it put a .010 groove in it.
As to shuting it off That wasn't going to happen without loading teh clutch first. As for it starting, It was just Reach in and Bump the key it would fire right up. When I built it I thought?
It would have been like my Old Big Block with 12.5-1 It wouldn't have started BUT Boy was I wrong I didn't even Have the clutch linkage hooked up when i first started it. Talk about someone Crapping a stack Of Bricks when I went toshut if off. All I could do was Unhook the fuel line and Wait till it ran out of Fuel.Trust you me
I made dang sure the Clutch was hooked up after that.
And When I filled up with Race fuel It shut off Just fine after that. But To run back and fourth to work I just ran 87. and ran it this way for about 10yrs. Then all the car seen after that was Much BETTER gears and nothing But track time.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.