Thanks Gearhead, I knew it would not be a "drop in". Maybe that's why there are so many V8's installed, just as much trouble. Do you know if the motor mounts in the '74 are the same as a V8? I can get V8 mounts from a local shop to bolt into the '51. Already at 12 volts so that's not a problem. Also, already have Offy two pot intake and Fenton headers mounted on the 216. Had an idea, have full access to a good machine shop, wonder if anyone ever made a billet type adaptor plate, (spacer) to mount these manifolds on a later engine. I don't see why it could not be done. You say the 250 is longer and that might be a problem but a 1 inch or so thick machined and drilled plate should make up the difference. Drill at an angle to align the ports, etc. Recess allen bolts for attachments. Also already running an electric fan in front of the radiator so maybe clearance won't be a problem there. How about hop up stuff for the 250, any suggestions there? Would like to keep this Chevy a six as all the shows and cruise ins I go to have a whole herd of V8's and I don't want to be one of the herd. But would like to have a little punch in the six.