Quote:
Originally posted by dbane261:
did fuel injection come on later model 292's, and if so why doesnt everyone use it?

No this is homebuilt/junkyard EFI - the 292 production ended in '81 in NA and EFI started in '85.

what kind of hp improvements can be expected from tbi or mpi over lets say a 500 or 600cfm edelbrock? At one specific RPM that the carb is well tuned for minimal - over a wide operating range 5- 40HP and this is due to the finer fuel control that EFI offers. Perhaps with a well tuned webber setup the difference will be less.

I saw a tbi on ebay for a 250, he said it only got 14 miles to the gallon! wheres the advantage? fuel injection is supposed to get better mileage and deliver more hp and torque, I see that mileage is not better, what about power? plus they are way more work! I love fuel injection, but i dont see the advantage.
This really depends on the tune up - if its poorly tuned and running rich then mileage will suffer. If you run a wide band O2 sensor and set megasquirt for auto tune then it will adjusted itself to a pre-determined A/F ratio.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them