Nexxussian, MBHD, interesting angle on the tank. My first thought was to cut the top flange off and have another welded on. The new top flange would either not have the bolt holes or would have tapped holes (thicker plate) that could be thread sealed effectively. As a third option I think I may investigate the epoxy a bit more; I disregarded it because the only type I had on hand wouldn't set in time for my main goal.

Now I'm going to look into those aircraft nuts as well as that sealer. $20 a tube isn't as bad as I was expected, nothing unusual.

As for the brace I think it will be just a matter of fabricating. I have lots of aluminum flat bar thin enough to bend, a 1" or 1.5" section running from the block up to the side of the tank should be stiff enough, we'll see.

Nexxussian - I laughed when I read the suggestion on the tab on the top: my first version of this tank used exactly that. We think the same \:\) I ended up leaning away as there wasn't a lot of room for a tab with my valve cover but now I would consider it again. Probably would have worked.

tlowe - we're definitely in agreement on the fuel heating, it makes for less predictable fuel delivery. The only point where the tank actually contacts the block is along the cover but after reading your comment I bet I could do better. I could add a thin later of material in the bolted connection to interrupt heat being conducted into the tank (not sure on the material, something will come to mind). Also, I have lots of heat shielding from a company I worked at developing an underbody shield for a dodge. After I have the car running I may observe how much heat builds up in the tank and attempt to cut it down some by adding heat shield in a few select directions.

Everyone - I appreciate you looking my design over. The comments are very useful to me and I know that if I ever omitted something big I have another few pairs of eyes checking things out for me. I'm going to continue working on this as I can. Considering that I eventually want to add a turbo and another fuel circuit I intend to take this stage of the project pretty refined and proven before I go even more complicated. Thanks all!! \:\)