They mount & dismount very easy with the under the rail slide fastners. No drilling required. I agree, that you will need another person to take the top off if needed. The top is not too heavy but is awkward due to their size. Mine is fitted for the 6 1/2" bed on my Dakota.

Bruce,

I too hauled a few 292's in a cradle and you can bungy cord the tonneau down. Be sure to place a piece of foam between the motor and the inside of the cover. They say never to drive with a Tonneau in the lifted position, but if it's not too high(over the roof of your cab) then you should be ok.
No wild driving or drag racing with it in the up position and be sure to secure it on both sides and the back.(3-way) That way it won't torque and bounce.
If you're just going around town, it should be no problem. If your planning to drive on the freeway for an extended time period, I'd remove the top.

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe

PS- I just thought of something. Check out www.stylinconcepts.com They have quite few different types of hard covers including a neat sectioned roll back type. That way you would never have to take the top off.

Loud Pipes Saves Lives!