PHAT, which car is the one that dropped the belt? When I was about fourteen years old I watched a guy in a '54 Chevy Sedan with the original Inline Six try his best to blow the motor. It was on a farm and he had what he referred to as a "lot" out back where he had sort of a "dirt track". He was sick of the '54 "lot car" and with no oil in the motor tried his darndest to blow that six but he couldn't. I couldn't believe it as everyone was cheering him on and I watched in horror. I was rooting for the six, all the way. My parents never had a car so I could not understand why someone would intentionally try to destroy one. After the guy gave up trying to make that six come apart I tried to buy that '54 as a surprise for my parents but it didn't work out. I think the asking price was $5 !!! I got my first car - '57 Chevy Bel-air 2 dr Hardtop with 283 and powerglide when I turned sixteen and a few years later brought my Dad, now age 52, down to the DMV, got his permit, took him out driving, got his license and went with him and got his first car - a 4-door Chrysler Hardtop. It was role reversal! The Chrysler surrendered after about a year or two and from then on I had him hooked on Chevy's. That '57 with the 283 I bought for myself is long gone but I remember doing my darndest to find one with a six but couldn't. I had to settle for a V-8 ! Not too many '57 Bel-Air 2 dr hardtops with the 235 !!
Ken