I dunno if I can be called a Ford enthusiast, but here's my current project:

I got this in September and have had a few interruptions in getting to work on it...finishing a house-type project, tryin to get my 85 Monte Carlo finished up to the point where I could drive it out of the garage (I didn't make it) and an unscheduled stay in the hospital...which REALLY threw a wrench in the works.

But I'm back puttering on it as much as my oxygen line leash allows me to. I'm hoping to accomplish some small/medium stuff during the winter and then address the motor/running gear in the spring.

For the moment, I'm gonna keep the "banger" motor in it. All I know is that I was told, "it turns over" when I bought it. Who knows what shape it's in.

If I need to rebuild it, I'm wondering about doing a full pressure motor with insert bearings, rather than retaining the splash-oiled, babbit bearing setup. I'd really like to end up with a high-compression head and a pair of Strombergs, along with some other goodies on it. I'd hate to tear the bottom end up with too high a compression ratio on the top end. (6.3 is about the maximum that I've found recommended for babbit motors...and I'd like to run 7.0 or better if possible.)

So...any ideas (other than replacing it with a 300 incher?) Eventually it'll migrate to a flatty V8, but I wanna play with the 4-cylinder motor for a while.