It would cost you a unnecessarily fortune to tour the outback in that truck you posted anymore
at todays gas prices Ray, thanks for the link about the dipstick issue, I am using a bull low transmission.

The axle gear in that truck must be very low, like maybe a over 410 anyway, that means high RPM that’s the only way that a slant 6 will function properly in that truck to be any good to anybody, otherwise under load the engine would start to lug and you may end up busting something.

You say 1969 was the last year that you guys in Australia got the good lot of engines from Dodge before the cheapened cranks came out in 1976, depending on how many were sold 36 years ago it must be starting hard to find them anymore in Australia.?
Since rust there is not such a big problem you maybe you can score some abandoned 225 core engines in the bush or in the desert and then rebuild them again or the 250 or 292 GM ones did they use the GM inlines were you are too.?

After reading that link I am not sure if it’s the best thing for me yet, might go to running a GM engine and forget about the Dodge 225.
I won't have to worry about my dipstick being mutilated, also someone told me a long time ago that a slant six engine was just a gutless wonder so if I go to a GM 292 I don't think I would end up missing anything if what he told me were true.