Unfortunately the problem still is Dodge slant six motors eat dipsticks, that to me is bad it should be regarded as a serious engine design defect that can result in a damaged engine even if you put a big speaker magnet at the bottom of your oil pan, they don't always hit the oil pan first, maybe it damages something first.

Just like the Dart that I had were after it broke it just made a hell of a racket.

The only way around it that I can see is to keep the dipstick out and maybe use a very sensitive oil pressure gauge to check your pressure, and just cap the outlet for the dipstick somehow, or make a plastic or fiberglass dipstick to put in its place that won't damage the engine if it breaks.

When I had a 1979 Dodge half ton truck with a slant six and a overdrive transmission I could not get any more speed then about 90km an hour with the peddle right to the floor, and the hills I had to shift down, with a one barrel carb, now is that a good definition for a gutless wonder.?

Check before you buy anything with a slant engine if its oil dipstick is not the original one from the factory then the engine may be damaged or at least suspect.