Hi all, pulled the clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, the freeze plug was leaking, it was brass, and not rusted out. Cleaned up the area, even though I flushed the block, replaced freeze plugs, pulled water tube, there was a half-pint of crud in the hole,in the back of the block. I rodded it out cleaned it suctioned out what was there, flushing on my garage floor was not an option.
I reinstalled a 1" 5/8 freeze plug, with silicone adhesive, gave it a good whack in the center, the plug went in a tight fit, so I sure hope it's set in enough. The clutch and disc, need rebuilding, the flywheeel needs to be machined. Not a pleasant job to do, sure hope my work holds out, the flywheel, was a real beach to get out. Today filled the cooling system, after 10 hours no sign of leaking, "touch wood". Will have the 9 and 1/4 clutch disc and pressure plate rebuilt, the flywheel will also be machined, hopefully that ends this problem, I was also lucky enough to buy an NOS release bearing and sleeve locally for $25................Fred

47 CHRYSLER COMIN CRUISIN TO A NEIGHBOURHOOD LIKE YOURS!!!!!!!