Gentlemen,
I have been lurking on here for months, reading lots of past posts and finding lots of great information.(I was using the name "El Camino Guy" but I swapped the beast for a 64 Nova SS, hence the new name) Well, you guys converted me. Last fall, I bought a 74 Nova with a 250, for my daily driver. Shortly after that, I found this site. I liked what I saw and decided to ditch all the smog stuff and lose the one barrel and the tiny exhaust. I went out and got a Clifford Intake and Exhaust( Before I read on here that the Offy offers better low end torque,Thanks Twisted, now I know.) and a Holley 390. Well one thing led to another and before I knew it I had aquired a rebuilt 250 with an RV cam, MSD Pro Billet Distributor and wires and a 6A Box along with a bunch of other stuff. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share the history. I have mocked it up to learn how it goes together (I consider myself a novice mechanic at best) as well as to fab the hard lines for the intake and the braided lines for the pump, filter and carb and all the other stuff. My goal is to do the swap in a weekend. I would like to ask your help with the details. I value your thoughtful comments and opinions. I have to tell you, I really enjoy reading all your past posts. (even going so far as to compile a list of my favorite quotes) You guys know how to write.
Here she is.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

I'm pretty happy so far. I can't wait to get her in a show.(I have a new cowl induction hood and my buddy's a body guy!) (My thanks to the guy who posted the pics of the half a V8 wire loom and you guys that posted pics of your hard lines, mine are still to come) I still need to do a lot of work on her. If you would be so kind as to answer some questions,I would really appreciate it.

My current fuel pump looks shiny and works. Will I see a benefit from using a 292 pump instead?

Clifford says use flat washers on an angle,on the intake/exhaust bolts and grind them flat on one side if needed. You think these will be ok?

And my last question for now is, Do you think she will do a decent burnout with those 245/45/17 tires, TH350 and 3.08 gears?

Best Regards,
Chris

more pictures PhotoBucket

Chris
74 Nova 250 TH350 Daily Driver