good good, glad to get a hit finally, the grinder is waitjing on me, yeah that is about what I figured except for the lift part, I was figuring about .450 or .410-ish, I know that the 250 and 292 type like the higher lift cam like .510 and all but I dont think that would work with the 261 too well, and if I go with like .450-.470-ish do I have to worry about intake valve to piston clearence? I guess this means that for the most part that I should deck the head and block just enough to clean it up ehh, being that I'll be looking at 9:1 or 9.5:1 anyway, this should be good for a street motor, good preasure without higher fuel rating needed right? so would a 264 advertised duration be pretty good, I know that clifford sells that one and its pretty popular for the hydraulic, but mine is mechanical, should I go to like 268? Does anyone know if its true that higehr lift and shorter duration lends itself more to torque or not? is this a myth? so I just take the lift that i want at the valve and devide it by 1.5 to get the right cam lift right? so .450 would be like .300 at the cam right? do I need to know what lift at .050 or is that something he should know based on overall lift and duration? Is hydraulic better for torque/HP, and if so, what is required to convert to hydraulic?

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!