Originally Posted By: Twisted6 I.I #3220
Personaly I think the rocker are wore OUT streched Out in the push rod tip area. Trash them. Yes the L6 can run the BB
rockers. But The L6 rocker is really a 1.75 Not a 1.7 like the BB rockers. Now as to the Stud fix?????? No dout they used the
Extra Long ARP studs and That is Only a spacer From the Looks
of it. and There is VERY little holding in the Head itself.I would personaly Pull that stud and check,To see if it is only a spacer. If So then Yes i would have to say the head is Trash with in reason.Becuase it would NEVER handle and Type of cam Of a Good Size/Lift.
Now as a side note YES any BB or Sb springs do work.

Thanks for the reply Larry. I put the big impact on the stud and screwed it out. The aluminum is just a spacer. There are about 5/16" of threads before it gets into the water jacket chamber...not good.

Man, I hate to loose this head. Is there any way to repair it. Brazing or TIGing a new boss? Or machining a new spacer that is tapped for the stud but has 1" male threads that would screw into a new, larger tapped hole in the head...LOTS more thread surface.

I guess I'd risk a repair & failure IF it wouldn't trash the block if it broke. Will it?

Kerry Pinkerton
http://wheelingmachines.com