Hey Larry,, password did'nt work,, who is "Tim"???, and how do I get to him??,,,,
I'm going to mail you some articles on port verse manifold vacuum,,, they are way to long to reinterate,
Question, on your response,, I thought dieseling was created because the timing was already to far advanced,,???, and to much advance timing made the engine run hotter,,,so in theory I, pulled the vac. off the distributer, retarded the timing to 4 degrees advance, the idle was pretty erratic, in drive it would stall,,, hooked up the vac,,idle smoothed out with the advance on, and thats where I'm at,,I could go the other way,, change the vac. to port, and then crank up the advance mechanically till the idle smooths,,, the problem is I really don't know a base to start with, that comp cam 262,, where should I set base timing at,,and what springs should be used for total timing at WOT,,???
I started messin with this when I started to research the springs,, I see pictures of people using two different spring wieghts, and I couldn't figure out why,,??
I'll drop this stuff in the mail at lunch,,