MBHD..

Well from above..

The short block is getting re-sleeved with Darton sleeves, J&E forged pistons, custom crower rods. Main and head studs are being installed and this has to be done on a mill so its $$$. With an aluminum block you need to roll tap the threads to get strength in the material.

If you wanted to build a mild turbo motor then you could use the stock short block, if you kept the boost under 7 psi and power under 450 hp the stock parts most likely be fine.

Getting the head ready is spendy as we need 24 valves and related parts - so 12 x inconel exhaust valves, 12 x SS intake valves. 24 springs, retainers, 24 spring seats. But its the head that make it worthwhile - the intake flows like crazy.

Cam blanks are only available as billet blanks with round lobes so it takes a lot of time to get them ground into lobes. Thus the price to turn the blanks into cams.

I hate breaking stuff so I typically built the strength in from the get go that way I'm not be restricted on what I do later.

I'm aiming for 28 psi...

As a side note Glen Self set the F/EA record recently with a NA 4200 ... 7.98 @162.63

That a fast inline.....

Last edited by efi-diy; 05/06/08 01:54 AM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them