Tom,
I keep bringing it up,because they are some people here that still insist it is not good thing to do so,on a 194-250 CI engines.
It is not a manditory thing to do ,,,but it would be a wise thing to do.
When you do deck a 250 block, you are not taking that much material to get a zero deck.

I am saying I had 12-1 compression (on my 250),small cam .540 lift 236 duration @ .050 & my cranking compression was 220 across all cylinders & I ran 91 octane fuel. No detonation @ all, & that having a zero to positive deck allowed me to run such a high compression.

I understand on a 292 engine you do not have much of a choice to get a zero deck using stock or TRW pistons.
You would need to purchase aftermarket pistons or rods to get it close.
I am not telling guys w/a 292 to mill there blocks down .070.

FYI,there are people that can add/weld aluminum to your pistons, even cast pistons.Not sure if this can be an option?

My friend had it done to his cast motorcycle piston on a single cylinder,maybe an option????????? don't know what the cost would be.

The dish is not hurting you that much,it just has less quench area.

It would help guys to buy aftermarket 292 pistons,they are much lighter than stock,easyier on the rods,but ,like you say $600,,,but,why no buying $600 pistons??? Not available?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI