Tom

I run a 2400 stall convertor with kelvar clutches in my Plymouth that you saw at the convention, even pulling the roadster on the trailer behind it the highest tempature I have ever seen was 145 F. I only lock in fourth but never notice any slippage in other gears. Once in forth it stays locked unless drops below 23 mph, shifts or I brake. I had a vacumm control on convertor when I first built it but had to much shutteling so changed to an electronic control. I run a 3.50 nine inch ford with 4 wheel disks and a power booster. 11" on front and 11.4 on rear with full line pressure to all four wheels. I have no rear lock up problems even on a panic stop. I was a little worried about trans temps when I built the Plymouth since 700R4 seem to be a little temp sensitive so I did three things 1 a good cooler 2 an external filter 3 a tempature gauge so I can watch it. Four years all types driving also pulling trailer no problems. I also averaged 20 MPG towing home from Iowa. My Plymouth weighs almost the sme as your Elcamino.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698