Hey Everyone, I am currently building a turbocharged 250 for my 67 camaro. I am going to do it in Two stages -
1. I have a turbocharger off a 1985 Riveria T-Type (basically a Grand National)with a waste gate I am going to bolt on. I am looking for a offy intake and put a edelbrock or carter afb 4 barrel on it (there design works well with blow-through turbocharging). I am going to pick up an aeromotive boost referenced fuel pressure regulator with a holley electric pump tied to it. I will be using the stock exhaust manifold.

The motor is completely stock at this point except a head I got off ebay that has new valves and I will slightly port the head. I still haven't decided how I am going to retard the timing in reference to boost pressure. MSD makes a nice boost retard box. I can't find any boost retard/vaccuum advance systems for my HEI (or any other distrubtor) like people keep talking about. I will also put in a intercooler to help detonation and increase performance.

2.-IF this works well and it gives me enough power I will rebuild the engine with forged pistons (retaining 8:1 compression ratio) to allow me to turn up the boost pressure to make real power. I will do some more port work, four angle valve job, better cam, etc. Then I will work on fuel injection (I am on a budget so probably megasquirt).

I am on a budget and I am still not totally sold on the idea that the 6 will give me enough power ( I love the look of the 6 and that its different, but I love power!). Thats why I am doing it in stages. I don't want to make a big investment and get nothing in return. I have a 327 in my garage I will put in if I can't get this 6 to go decent and yet stay reliable.

I have been researching this for a few years and read the book by Hugh Mcinnes (last name spelling?). Its a great book. He doesn't really get into fuel injection though which I think would be the ideal setup. I also have the book Chevrolet Six Cylinder performance manual - can't remember the author. Good book. I suggest reading it. The author goes into turbocharging, supercharging and nitrous.

Sorry for the long post!
Good Luck!

Jeremiah