Hey all,

I'm in a constant flux about the future engine for my '67 Chevy II. After watching a few videos and doing some math, I'm kind of on fence about whether or not an inline is the way to go.

Please, help set me straight!

My '67 Chevy II *should* weigh about 3000 when all is said and done. With a projected 220 hp from my build, coupled with a three speed standard and around 3.73 gears (maybe lower, maybe higher), be enough to satisfy my speed bug?

I have a buddy with an '05 Mustang with a 4.6. Needless to say, he talks big. I'd enjoy giving him a run, but in all reality, know that I prolly can't pull him.

I dunno. My mind wanders, and I just need some reassurance that my 250 on the stand down stairs will have enough to scoot my II around. I'd like it to be a semi-daily driver and cruiser, but stop light matches are definitely in it's future.

Any opinions, words of wisdom, past experiences from people driving hopped up sixes around? Larry? CNC? NeoNova? Tlowe?

...anyone?

thanks in advance!
-Sam.

(p.s. I know this post is rambling and needy seeming. I apologize, and hope you don't think less of me as a fellow inliner. :))

1967 Chevy II, 2-door post.
250, 3-OTT.

1969 GMC 1/2-ton.
307, 3-OTT.
DD.