Long time reader, first time poster. First off, great site. So much info to soak in, so little time in the day.

I'm about to build up my first I6 engine for a vehicle that I don't even own yet and I've already hit my first snag. A few months ago I found a used 235 that was going to be my base for the upcoming turbo project. After some serious cleaning I found that the engine had been dropped or something at one point and was littered with cracks (previously covered in oil and road grime). So that motor was scraped and I did a local search for a replacement. Only problem is that I have too many choices. I found another 235, a 250 and a 292 that are readily available to me. After searching this site as well as a few others, I have yet to find out which is a potentially better for my application. I have Santucci's first book (waiting for the 2nd edition to be released) but it only gives me HP numbers.
Its going to be going into a car or truck that I'll be street driving so the boost will be between 6-10lbs. Since I planned on a pre-54 chevy vehicle, the only issue I see with a 292 is the motor mounts. It's not really about the power to me so much as it is about having something different. Oh yeah, and I already have a T03 or a T04 to choose from.
Can anyone help me sway in one direction?

Thanx!
Matt