I'm kinda new to the inline 6, well the performance side, ive had multiple novas with this engine. I'm only 25, so i missed their glory days, but i am still a firm believer in them. I have a turbo i was given for free (I'm a heavy diesel mechanic) but it is extermely large and I don't think the lil 250 would be able to spin it very well. Its A/R is only 60 or 70 (I cant remember exactly) but its from a Freightliner Century Day Cab with a Detroit 60 Series. I was thinking of trying a Garrett T25 or similar sized Holest. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to run? I know I had an article from an long past issue of Chevy High performance where GM actually toyed with a turbo camaro/nova i6 in the late 60s/early 70s. Its highway passing speed *50-70* was cut in half from 12.5 seconds (with the stock 1bbl and 2.73 rear/2spd pwrglide) to 5.7 seconds! Thats a big change, and on low boost, but I also know they were using export pickup 7.5:1 pistons. I was wondering, since the 292 has such HD pistons, how the stock 250/230 pistons were? I'd like to run about 8-10 lbs of boost. To begin I'll be running a stock 1bbl carb, then eventually moving up to a 2bbl tbi or 4bbl mpfi injection system with a custom intake manifold, full standalone engine management etc. I'd love to turbo the 4200 and slap it in, but for now, a stock setup with a mild turbo/boost setup will work with increasing fuel mileage and a little boost of power, I mean, the mid 80s 305 was almost identical HP/TQ numbers as the 250i6 in 1970 with a 1bbl! So some mild boost should get me 45-50hp and the i6s are torque monsters, so im sure itll help there too.

Any suggestions?

*Sorry,kinda long for a first post!*

Dallas