Tom,
I haven't checked compression since it has been rebuilt and I also have not checked the timing advance since prior to the rebuild, but the timing was advanced about 26 degrees at max rpm prior to the rebuild. I will definitely recheck both this weekend (it is currently cold in my unheated garage!). I'll get some photos this weekend and attach-hopefully. It idles a little rough, my wife calls it the popcorn popper until it gets some throttle. I think it's the dual Cherry Bombs that create most of the idle noise.
Hank & Panic
I regret that I didn't drill the crank to accept a SBC dampener, but instead installed a new stock (6.75") dampener. I didn't drill it because this is going to be daily driver, for my son, and I assumed a stock dampener would be fine. (FYI - My son and I read Leo Santucci's manual from front to back before starting this project, but I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the dampener section) But if the crank ever gets removed or changed, my son or I will get it done.
My cam card range power range is 800-4800 rpms, hence, my rpm range concern. Maybe someday my son go for the bigger cam.
Strokersix
I forgot to mention that I had to have the rods refitted for stock bearings and I had new, stock rod bolts and nuts installed.
Thanks for all the input - will supply requested info soon.
Does anyone know what kind of compression, in psi, I should expect? And is the stock fuel pump adequate?

If at first you don't succeed,
then read the directions and try again.