Another month passed -- but I pick up the short block tomorrow. It's been a trial finding all the parts and getting work done on a thing this old and this forgotten. Cost is killing me too. All the bearings etc come from Egge -- no one makes anything for this motor (195.6 iron OHV) any more, and old stock is disappearing.

That said, it should be a really nice motor. Polished up all the combustion chambers, took all the roughness off all the ports, only removed metal around the valve guides in the valve pockets. Static balanced rods, pistons, pins, and polished the piston tops. Identified and fixed a serious head-cooling design flaw.

My last big question, the full-flow oiling mod, I had a setback, the 1965 pump I was gonna use is too corroded (after a thorough second cleaning) so I'm back to a previous scheme. I'm nervous radically changing something so fundamental as the main oiling.

I'm documenting the whole thing, it has it's own website and I'll post it here when I get further along. Lots of pictures and notes.