Hey everyone,

I want a recommendation for an engine builder for my 235. I live in San Diego County area of California, so one near me would be good, but not required.

I've got a '57 Chevy Bel Air, which I've had for over 10 yrs. I don't know when the engine was last rebuilt or how. I do know it isn't original, the block date is '58, and is running solid lifters. When I got the car the engine was still running. I've only bolted performance parts and waited for the 6 to go south. I've been running a Clifford intake, with and Edelbrock Performer carb, Fenton cast iron header, electronic ignition.

Well she finally let go last night. I didn't have time to check her over yet to see what happened, but shortly after getting off the freeway, she started knocking a few times then died. She turns over but give no sign of trying to fire.

So now I'm wondering what direction I want to go. I love the uniqueness of the 6 and she's been rock solid for many years & miles. But I'm wondering if I want to beef her up more. Also, does anyone run a blower setup or something that will make it even more unique, but I still want it drivable.

Thank you.