Hello all. I'm new to the site. I'm 28 and I bought a one owner, all original '57 chevrolet in 2005. I've been trying to get it to daily driver status since then, but it seems to be a stubborn old girl. I am determined to get the original 235 to function properly. I've had the engine out 5 times, but I'm getting close to getting there. (I have to, there's not much left that can break again).

A while back a friend dropped my engine when I had it out. It's a 235 from a 57 chevrolet. This in turn broke my harmonic balancer even though it barely fell. When I found another one, I learned that there were apparently two different sizes. I believe, though I could be wrong, that this size difference took place somewhere in 1955. One size had the pulley at 6 inches, the other had a larger pulley at 6 1/2 inches.
Now, the correct 6 1/2 inch pulley I found and replaced has become loose and I need to find another one.
Hopefully, this might help so no one else winds up buying the wrong pulley. Also, I'm trying to find a good used 6 1/2 pulley if anyone has an extra.

The correct size for a '57 235

The incorrect size for a '57 235

Thanks
Brandon