So I pulled a pistontoday to get a closer look at the crack and check bearings etc and it looks as thought it is just a crack from where the casting flash was removed...so that is good...but they are bone stock 4 ring truck pistons...not the best for performance work. On a positive note the crank has .006 thrust with old bearings, you can see reweld of thrust on crank from last rebuild, and rods and mains are std and with in spec and look great, so just a polish and new nearings there I hope. Bore is very fresh so wondering about just buying some good pistons and hone, new rings, install.....kinda chincy, but...I stuck teh cam back in with a degree wheel to get some approx figures...lift as stated before is .320 at the cam, intake duration opens 57deg, and closes 60deg...57+60+180=297deg 'advertized'....but that 60deg close sure seems late...I was taking .050 as well but forgot to write down if the open of 2 deg was before or after 0 deg and close at 128 deg doesn't seem right. I'll recheck those when i'm not in a hurry. 297 for an old school cam isn't out of the question and lobes are quite 'square' and has full .320 lift for 9-10 degrees.

So now to decide what to do on pistons and if I should just run the small port head for now and be on the hunt for some other better breathing options...